Kuwait ready to host Yemeni talks under certain conditions
الثلاثاء 16/مايو/2017 - 07:33 مHagar Amer
Kuwait has announced its readiness to host the parties involved in the Yemeni conflict, provided that they reach an agreement that would end the crisis rather than going into a new marathon of consultations, as happened last year.
This comes in conjunction with the new visit of UN envoy to Yemen Ismail Ould Sheikh Ahmed aiming to revive the peace process in Yemen and reach a truce before the month of Ramadan.
Kuwait’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalid al-Jarallah said that his country is committed to address the situation in Yemen, especially that it hosted a three-month peace consultation last year.
The tour of the UN envoy began from Riyadh, where he met with leaders of the legitimate government and he informed the ambassadors of the countries sponsoring the political settlement in Yemen about the latest developments and the suggestions for a solution that appears to have included some amendments.
The UN envoy’s tour is expected to include a meeting with the militias in the Omani capital of Muscat; observers hope that the international community would put some pressures in order to end to the suffering of the Yemenis.
موضوعات متعلقة المزيدتعليقات Facebook تعليقات الموقع
- uld Cheikh reveals a proposal made to resolve the Yemeni crisis
- U.S. Official reveals the plan of his country to solve the Yemeni crisis
- Hadi handed the UN envoy to Yemen a letter reiterating the government’s rejection of his roadmap
- Kuwait revealed the truth about mediation for reconciliation between Saudi Arabia and Saleh
- Mikhlafi reveals a large amendments in Yemen peace plan
- Quartet holds a meeting to discuss the Yemeni crisis in Berlin tomorrow
- UN seeks to hold Yemen peace talks soon
- Yemeni government is adhering to the peace process, Yemeni FM says
- Ould Cheikh in a new regional tour to revive Yemen peace talks .
- Ould Cheikh ""We are working on a ceasefire in Yemen before start of Ramadhan".