Houthi leading commander killed during fierce clashes in northern Yemen
الخميس 20/أبريل/2017 - 05:29 مhagar amer
A leading commander of Houthi militia group has been killed in Yemen’s northern Saada province, pro-government forces said Wednesday,according to Anadolu Agency.
Ahmed al-Mutawakkil was killed in Saada’s Alab region during fierce clashes between the Yemeni army and Houthi militiamen, the army said in a statement without mentioning exactly when al-Mutawakkil was killed.
According to the same statement, al-Mutawakkil had been tasked by the militia with overseeing security in Houthi-held Saada.
The Houthis, for their part, have yet to comment on the army’s assertions.
In a related development Wednesday, three children were hurt in Yemen’s northern Maarib province in a Houthi rocket attack in the Al-Rawdah district, a local medical source and eyewitnesses told Anadolu Agency.
While the Houthis control Maarib’s western Sarawah directorate, pro-government sources say Houthi militants often attack army positions in Maarib city, the provincial capital.
موضوعات متعلقة المزيدتعليقات Facebook تعليقات الموقع
- Ten Houthis killed and others injured in clashes in Al-Jawf province , Yemen.
- Heavy losses for the Houthis and progress of the resistance in Al-Jawf, Yemen
- Yemen Army and the popular resistance launched an attack on the militia sites in al-Jawf
- The killing of a prominent Houthi leader with 12 from his companions west Taiz city, Yemen.
- The martyrdom of 5 from the Resistance and the killing of 45 from the militia in fierce clashes in Dali
- Child killed and five civilians injured in Houthi bombing on residential neighborhoods in Yemen's Taiz
- Yemeni army liberates new strategic sites in Midi
- The killing of 26 from Houthis in Yemen's Saada ,including leader
- Yemen's Saada Governor: Army heading towards Kitaf and more than 25 dead from the leaders of al-Houthi
- Renewed clashes between Yemen army and militia in the northern front of Taiz